With the amount time spent indoors we do not think about air pollution, it is usually considered an outdoor issue. But the air in your office, workplace, or home could also be polluted. Source of indoor air pollution include:
- Biological contaminants (mould and bacteria);
- Household chemical and pesticides;
- Industrial chemicals;
- Gases such as carbon dioxide (CO2) and carbon monoxide (CO); and
- Building materials (formaldehyde, VOCs and lead).
Sick building syndrome
This use to describe situations in which building occupants experience acute health and comfort effects that appear to be linked to time spent in a building. Common causes of sick building syndrome are:
- Inadequate ventilation;
- Chemical contaminants from indoor sources;
- Chemical contaminants from outdoor sources; and
- Biological contaminants.
CRL Energy’s multi-discipline team of scientist and engineers offers a range of indoor air quality services:
- Workplace air quality assessments;
- Identification of pollutant sources;
- Assessment of pollution control systems; and
- Recommending control systems.
- Monitoring against Workplace Exposure Standards for Atmospheric Contaminants.
- Assessing ventilation systems; and
- Determining air turnover rates.